The course purpose is to document and explain how to talk with a patient, take the history from a patient, examine a patient, formulate the findings into differential diagnoses and rank these in order of probability.
The objective of the course is to familiarize students with the methods of taking a clinical history containing all relevant information, carrying out a physical examination and a mental function assessment of patients and drawing up an initial diagnostic judgment.
- Previous medical history (anamnesis)
- Physical examination
- The appearance of the patient and examining the skin
- Examining the chest and auscultation
- Measuring pulse, blood pressure, temperature
- Examining the abdomen
- Examining the limbs and the neuro-motor system
- Introduction to complementary examinations
- Laboratory and radiological examinations
- Teacher: Dimitrios Farmakis